FAQs – General

How can I donate items or papers to the Historical Society?

Our collections grow in quantity and quality thanks to the many donations we receive each year. Those interested in donating objects should contact the Curator at (607) 734-4167 ex 204 or via e-mail at curator@chemungvalleymuseum.org.  People interested in  donating papers should contact the Archivist for more information at (607) 734-4167, ext. 207 or via e-mail at archivist@chemungvalleymuseum.org. We will also accept donations delivered in person. 

Do you do appraisals?

No.  Our staff does not have the training to do appraisals.  We recommend contacting Mapes Auctioneers and Appraisers of Vestal via their website or by phone at (607) 754-9193. 

How can I volunteer at the museum?

There are volunteer opportunities within our curatorial, archival and educational departments.  Contact our Education Coordinator at educator@chemungvalleymuseum.org to set up an interview to get started.